Saturday, September 05, 2009

Internet

"Ahh, the 'day off.' The best invention by man since the introduction of the atrocity that is 'work.'"
-Lucas Davidowicz
     I have a love-hate relationship with the internet. I love how easily I can gain information: knowledge of all kinds. Political news, inspirational stories, music and videos, history, science and anything else at my fingertips.

     But, it's very difficult to know what I want to see, what information I want to absorb. I'm honestly not good at multi-tasking: absorbing multiple streams of unrelated knowledge. Sure I can accept information, process it, and respond to it, but I can't do it for two things. I can watch a video, but if I want to chat, I have to pause it. It's absolutely inundating me with stimulation.

     Even so, I can become bored with it easily. Sure there's an endless supply of information, but what If I can't find anything I care about? It's astonishing I could be bored with so much stimulation, but I can. More perplexing is that the solution, in my case, is to turn off the computer and do something else. If I'm bored with a castrophany of information, I find silence enjoyable in a plethora of ways. That said, a good story will engage me anywhere. I think today I'll read instead of surfing.

     Listen to Sir Elton John!

No comments:

Post a Comment