Sunday, September 06, 2009

Cleaning!

     My goodness can cleaning be a lot of work. sorting out things, whether they're mine (and I want to keep them,) mine (and I don't,) hers, garbage, or who know what; it's exhausting! In the end, it feels good, though. By tomorrow my room will start to look nice, and soon after it should all settle down.

     Michael has created the possibility of moving into a condo with him as a roommate. This would have advantages: cheaper rent, a good location, someone to keep me somewhat social. Then again, there are disadvantages: I'd have to have a roommate (solitude sounds delightful,) I'd have less control over my domain, and it's not exactly something I've wanted to do. I suppose it's contingent on both him acquiring the condo and me liking it. He's mentioned it needs work, but I'm not sure what that means to him. I should also consider the cat; she likes it here fairly well, and I'm unsure how she would handle the move. All in all, it's not something I need to do, but could be an attractive option.

     I'm still interested in employment with MN district 1. There are certainly drawbacks (no pay over breaks, at least three months with no job certainty,) but would pay better overall (even without a summer job I'd come out well ahead.)


     Wikipedia is a dangerous game. I logged on to see how Cherries were related to other plants (they're in the genus prunus with other pitted fruit, and the family rosaceae with roses and berries,) but soon began to wonder how all of these classifications worked! I discover there are currently three domains of life: Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarites (all complex celled organisms.) Under Eukaryotes, there are the familiar Plants, Animals, Fungi, and Amoebae, but also Chromalveolates (things that can photosynthesize, like algae and chloroplasts,) Rhizaria (things like plankton,) and Excavates (single celled parasites.) I still don't get how Archaea are different from bacteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment